Question

Back Muscles - Not working
Hi I have back problems but my Neurologist said that I must start with back classes to strengthen my back muscles as they are very weak.
What would you recommend I should do. I thought of swimming as I know that will work my muscles and I won''t be in to much pain. Would you also advise that.

Hi Sunshine

Pilates is definitely the best kind of exercise to learn to control, activate and strengthen the core muscles. I'm not sure if you have access to classes, but that would be my suggestion. There are also DVDs that you can get, in case you don't have access to classes. But Pilates is probably the way to go.