Question

Back op
In November 1999 I had a discectomy of the L5/S1 disk. I've never had any problems with my back since. I've recently started a new job which entails me picking up heavy boxes etc. The space is very limited and doesn't always allow the correct movement/posture for picking up those boxes. I know that the Orthopaedic Surgeon at the time told me that I had TWO slipped discs. Recently my back started aching again, specially when I wake up in the morning.
I have no intention of going for another op, but was really wondering... is ANOTHER discectomy possible?
What is better, a fusion or discectomy? I'm always bragging about how much better a discectomy is, from my own experience, but I might be totally wrong!!!
ChiroDoc
ChiroDoc

The more "movement" you can retain in your spine, the better. Perfectly healthy people are also prone to a variety of back problems - most of which do not require surgery. Where there is severe herniation or prolapse of a disc, encroaching upon the nerve root, surgery may be indicated. Do consider a chiropractic examination and care for what you are currently experiencing.