Ask an expert

04 Jan 2008

back pain
i have pain in my back that seems to move from side to side on my upper back mainly around my shoulder blades. I have had this pain for about 2 weeks & have tried Advil which did not help much & switched to Aleve which seems to help a bit with the pain , but which seems to return later during the day. It does seem to have improved a little, but has not gone away.I wake up in the morning with no pain but when i get home from work i can feel pain coming back. I am diabetic & also have a thyroid problem for which i am on medication Can you please advise as i cannot visit a doctor right now.
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Swan

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult a Physiotherapist, as it sounds like if you are suffering from muscle spasm in the upper back region. You can try Norflex Co tablets, two three times daily, in order to treat the spasm.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18609 votes