Ask an expert

22 Jan 2008

Back Pain

I woke up one morning with an extremely unpleasant pain in my lower back. I've subsequently seen a few physiotherapists without any luck, and the pain has now extended down my one leg to cause an even worse numbing pain. I have tried all types of stretches etc and nothing seems to help - any that you can recommend please!!
Answer 396 views

01 Jan 0001


Very difficult to advise when you've already seen physiotherapists. Back pain, and diagnoses is extremely complex and tricky and so the only way you'll sort it out is by actually seeing someone. I'd recommend a chiropractor, however, this time around.

So as much as I hate passing the buck on this one, that is probably the best thing you can do right now - get a chiropractor to assess and take the treatment from there.

Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.