Ask an expert

03 Feb 2003

back pain<br>back pain
I suffer a lot because of back pain and it all started after the birth of my daughter and I highly feel it during my menstrual cycle or after sitting down for long periods of time then when I get up I feel hell and had to walk with a bent back for a while unitil it stretches back to position again.

Please help or advice on what I can do to comabbt this.
Answer 427 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Neon

We have an excellent back rehab programme at the Sports Science Institute, so perhaps you should consider this (ph: 021 659 5647). If you don't live in Cape Town, perhaps they can refer you appropriately. Also, have you had the problem diagnosed and ever had any advice on how to do strengtheneing exercises. You will need a consultation with a Biokineticist who according to the problem, can give you advice and a programme and can illustrate each exercise personally.

Good luck!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.