Question

back problem
will pilates help with pain in my lower back, which extentends right down to my left calf, i also cannot lie on my left hip for very long with out causing myself pain. my orthopedic surgeon said to lose weight, which i have since done (14kgs), but it still causes me pain.
Pilates instructor

Dera Fran

Pilates may very well be one of the tools that a medically registered rehabilitation specialist or Physiotherapist or Biokineticst may employs in helping a person like yourself. This does not mean that Pilates necessarily will help with your back condition. There are many other clinical decisions to be made in order to safely and effectively deal with complex problems like lower back pain. Losing weight is a wise general suggestion from the surgeon but a specific active approach will be best advised. Get to a Physio or Biokineticist (one that knows Pilates is even better) and make sure that you are well taken care of.

James