Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
16 Sep 2013
Hi I am 31 and have two kids 6 and 4- they were both born via C-section and since my last born, I have heard terrible back pains. I cannot bend for too long or stand for too long because the back gets really bad. I have tried stretching my back but the pain comes back anyway. I suspect the contraceptive I am using Depo-vera but I am not sure if it causes back pain. I also suspect the anesthetic they used when I was giving birth but I am not sure either-these are just my suspicion-please help with expert advice
I can only help you with what you are telling me - I would strongly suggest that you go and have some magnetic therpay together with reflexology. The meridian running along your spine is the bladder merdian - and there could be congestions along the meridians - hence the back pain.
I would first recommend that and see if you get any relief. YOu will need to go for about 4 - 6 treatments to see an effect.
You can go on this website and find a registered reflexologist closest to you - some do offer magnet therapy too - I think it is listed on the website too.
reflexologycourse.co.za - then click on therapists and then click on the province you live in - it will list all the registered therapist.
Hope this helps.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Coronavirus morning recap: Recommendations for SA hotspots, and latest on vaccines
- Covid vaccines update: Trials, results - what we know so far
- OPINION | Why an antidepressant could be used to treat Covid-19
- Researchers identify physical features that could make someone a Covid-19 super-spreader
- How does the coronavirus reach the brain? Scientists have found out
- EXCLUSIVE | Covid-19 vaccine: SA missed first payment window to join COVAX, a global vaccine access initiative
- WATCH | Knysna, a popular town on the Garden Route, in the midst of Covid-19's second wave
- SA’s most vulnerable may ultimately pay the price for higher public sector wages, court hears
- Preview: Ramaphosa to face first motion of no confidence
- Ron Derby | We need to reform the state, maybe take a cue from the Iron Lady
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17888 votes