Ask an expert

30 Jul 2007

Backs killing me
Hi there

I'm hoping you can help me, last week thursday I think i overdid it in the gym and since friday my lower back is killing me, i did not feel anything during exercising but only the following day.

is there any muscle relaxers that i can get over the counter?

Hope to hear from you soon

Answer 1,069 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Back Pain

Thank you for visiting

I suggest that you treat your back with ice packs (for a period of 20 minutes), followed by a heat pack, three times a day. A good muscle relaxer that can be bought over the counter, is Robaxan 750mg. This should be used in conjunction with an anti-inflammatory drug, i.e. Voltaren 50mg, three times a day.

If the condition persists, I suggest that you consult a Physiotherapist for a course of treatments.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.