Question

Backs killing me
Hi there

I'm hoping you can help me, last week thursday I think i overdid it in the gym and since friday my lower back is killing me, i did not feel anything during exercising but only the following day.

is there any muscle relaxers that i can get over the counter?

Hope to hear from you soon

Back
Cyberdoc

Dear Back Pain

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you treat your back with ice packs (for a period of 20 minutes), followed by a heat pack, three times a day. A good muscle relaxer that can be bought over the counter, is Robaxan 750mg. This should be used in conjunction with an anti-inflammatory drug, i.e. Voltaren 50mg, three times a day.

If the condition persists, I suggest that you consult a Physiotherapist for a course of treatments.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger