Ask an expert

13 Feb 2009

Bad anti-social behaviour
I am a single father, who is raising his daughter since her mother died at the age of 5...she is actually not a teenager anymore (20 yr) but i need advice and dont know wat to do?
She has never approved of any relationships hat i hav been in and wld do anything to destroy it. She has been on drugs. She has come home pregnant...she' s rude to people that come to my home, my family. She does not respond when i speak to her. currently shes at home raising her baby, it seems that she has no plans for the future and does not want to discuss it either. The situation is really becoming unbearable and i cant seem to get thu to her...please help!!!
Answer 411 views
Teen expert
teen expert

01 Jan 0001

Ideally the two of you would benefit from going to see a family therapist to deal with the issues that cause so much anger - especially the anger being expressed by your daughter in the way she is behaving.

A good organisation to contact is FAMSA their website is

Even if your daughter refuses to engage it may help you to speak with someone about the difficulties you are experiencing.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.