Ask an expert

25 Feb 2003

Bad blood circulation
I would like to know the name of the disease that my husband is suffering from. When he was about 16 he had a operation under his arms to cut of the veins that lead to his hands (hands were suffering from itching & bleeding when he bent his fingers), I am not sure if it was a nerve or veins
that they cut. His hands are heald now, but he is suffering with his feet (they ich alot & he has scars on the side & back of his anckle, between his toes, heel & on the palm of his feet. He when
to the doctor about two years ago & they did a blood test because they thought it could be sugar
diabeties, but every thing was fine. They just told him that he must stop smokng (he stoped a month ago). At the moment I give him homepathic medicen for beter blood circulation. Can you
please advice me of the kind of desease & suggesions.
Answer 401 views

01 Jan 0001

Nathatcha, it might be that he suffers from Raynaud’s disease or a form of arteritis like Kawasaki or Takayasu’s arteritis. The problem is that I can keep on guessing until next week and I still won’t be able to tell you what the disease is called without being able to examine him. The best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.