Question

Bad breath
I have a very small Yorkie/Maltese cross. She is perfectly healthy except her teeth is very bad, not even to mention her breath. She is a rescue dog and not sure what her diet was before. What can I do to improve this
Dog Behaviour Expert
Dog Behaviour Expert

Hi Biki, I know just what you mean! Our old lady that was a rescue had the worst teeth you can imagine and although we loved her dearly nobody wanted a kiss - if only i had her earlier it could have been avoided with proper teeth care! What i would suggest you do is make an appointment with your vet to have the teeth professionally cleaned. although this may not solve the problem 100% it will definately improve it and you can then brush her teeth a few times a weed as well as give her 'Greenies' and a large sized bone to chew on. If you are feeding her 'soft' food such as tinned, it tends to contribute to this condition - just so you know. Nice to hear from you, thanks Scotty