Question

BAD FALL

On monday, i had a bad fall, where i fell off the back of bakkie and hit the ground pretty hard.

I landed on the back of my hip bone (above my bottox) and needless to say it is one of the most painful things i have experienced. I''m finding it very difficult to sit and stand up. I''ve also developed a big lump under neath my skin on my thigh which has now turned a blackish/purple colour along with a nice scratch. I have 2 other big bruises on both my legs and this morning I''ve found that my upper left arm is so stiff I can hardly move it.

I''ve been living on pain killers for the past 3 days but even Myprodol is not doing anything for the pain.

Do you have any suggestions? Any other pain killers that I could try?
Cyberdoc

Hallo Sore
you may have cracked your coccyx. The black are on the thigh may be a hematoma (bleeding under the skin) - but need no treatment, it will usually clear up by itself. Do not try to open/drain it, it will just get infected and cause more problems! You may also have hurt your skoulder joint - have you seen a doctor yet? I think you should first exclude broken bones, and then your doctor can maybe prescribe a stronger anti-inflammatory and physiotherapy.