Question

Bad Skin , boils, bleed excessively, bad hair
Dear Doc. I am 35 years old and during by period I bleed and cloth heavily. I bleed for approx 6 days.I have very thin hair and bad skin , is this a hormone problem. I develop boils on my jaw line and on my inner thigh. My weight flactuates. I am 1.7 m and approx78 kg.I have had three children and did a TL six years ago. Please advise.

The heavy periods could be due to a number of causes, including fibroids or other problems with the uterus or ovaries. A hormonal problem is a possibility as well. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist for a check-up. Acne may be related to hormones, but boils should not be.