Question

Basset and Fleas
I religiously use Frontline on both my Basset and Lab, at least every 6 weeks. The Lab is flea-free but for some reason the Basset still has a small infestation and only in her groin area. The rest of her body shows no signs on infestation. I have a quirky theory that I''d like your opinion on: is it possible that because the Basset is a longer dog that the Frontline is less effective in her nether regions? I use the large breed vial, perhaps I should use a Giant Breed vial and would that be safe?

Hi Nic,

Frontline is distributed by passive diffusion in the sebum covering the skin/hair. Animal/Product/Activity/Environmental factors will all influence the effectiveness of the product.

Body length could influence the distribution of the product so try the spray rather than the vial application – you'll get a more homogenous covering. Please note that no product is 100% effective. The product dose should be that as recommended by the manufacture.
Dr Campbell