Question

Bathing
Hi there. I have 2 little dogs at home, a mini shnauzzer x maltese boy and a mini maltese poodle girl. The shnauzzer is easy because he is black, however the little girl is impossible to keep clean since she is white. They are house dogs and are allowed up on the couches etc so it is very important that they are clean.

Currently I bath her once a week, with Bayopet shampoo in a nice warm bath (which she hates, but deals with), this also helps with her terrible skin allergies.

I just want to know if this is ok or is such frequent bathing bad for her skin, etc?

Hi Shnoodle

Frequent bathing is fine as long as you use a very mild animal shampoo. If you see any skin irritation, flaky skin etc. then reduce the frequency of washing and/or change the brand of shampoo.

It might also be a good idea to supplement her diet with omega oils to assist in reducing the skin allergy.

Kind Regards
Angus Campbell