Question

Battery
I got home last night and found that my dog was eating something. When I looked at it, it looked like a piece of charcoal, but when I got a closer looked, it looked like an AA battery (it was mainly like a charcoal substance in this battery) that he was eating, there was about ¼ left. I took it away & gave him about 500ml of milk to try and neutralize it. He seems ok today, should I take him to my vet for a check up?
cybervet

It is always good to have animals that have eaten (or suspected to have eaten) foreign material seen by your vet as treating potential problems early is always beneficial.