Ask an expert
Question

15 Aug 2007

Battery
I got home last night and found that my dog was eating something. When I looked at it, it looked like a piece of charcoal, but when I got a closer looked, it looked like an AA battery (it was mainly like a charcoal substance in this battery) that he was eating, there was about ¼ left. I took it away & gave him about 500ml of milk to try and neutralize it. He seems ok today, should I take him to my vet for a check up?
Answer 384 views
Expert
CyberVet
cybervet

01 Jan 0001

It is always good to have animals that have eaten (or suspected to have eaten) foreign material seen by your vet as treating potential problems early is always beneficial.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Yes
34% - 9267 votes
No
66% - 17858 votes
Vote