Question

22 Apr 2006

Battling like crazy
Hey Cybershrink
I'm really battling right now and I don't kow what to do to make this work.I have been given two weeks to get my weight up or i go to tara and don't want to or I wont get my matric this year.I am bullimorexic and have lost interest in life and food.I don't want to go out with friends or eat.I feel like i'm hurting so much that I can't carry on.I just want to die but I don't want to hurt those around me.I am a very anxious person and don't believe in myself at all.I hate people because i'm scared of what they think of me or if I do something wrong.I actually can't go on like this, is there any advise you can give me to give me that little bit of strength to carry on.I feel like i'm doing this on my own and i'm just not coping with life.please help me before I do give up.

Hi right off,
I suppose this ultimatum is from your family and therapist ? I presume that your bulimarexia is being properly treated by an experienced shrink ? Going to Tara wouldn't be awful, as they do have an experience eating disorders unit. You can get by for a while without going out with friends, but not without food. Dying, or gettig iller, certainly would hurt those around you, rather badly, so don't do that. Make sure that they include CBT style counselling with whatever other therapy they do, to help you to improve your self-confidence l and to recognize that other people don't think badly of you or with you any ill. You CAn get this sorted out. You know what you need to do, and eating modestly more, and not vomiting it up, and keeping to a reasonably balanced diet, will get you through