Question

Battling to eat meat...!
I was pregnant and miscarried about a month ago and during this pregnancy (as with my previous pregnancy) I could not stand to be near any form of meat or chicken and could simply NOT keep it down. Normally I eat red meat in moderation and a lot of chicken, but during my pregnancies this was a no-go... What is strange that now, a month after the miscarriage, I still cannot eat meat. In fact, I throw up when I just smell it! It is frustating because I feel hungry the whole time and then munch on junk food and snacks.... Please help me!

Dear Savannah
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, which is a most traumatic experience. You may find that this aversion to meat and poultry continues until your hormone levels have normalised. On the other hand you may associate this aversion with the trauma of the miscarriage and such an association would require some assistance from a clinical psychologist (look them up in the Yellow Pages). The psychologist would help you to come to terms with your loss and also assist you to conquer this aversion. In the meanwhile eat eggs, fish, milk and dairy products to make up for the lack of meat.
Hope you feel better soon