Question

Becoming a dietitian
Good day. Is it possible to become a registered dietitian by studying Bachelor of Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition through Unisa and doing your honors in Dieticts?
I would really love to pursue a career as a dietitian but as a single mother working full time it is impossible for me to go to university full time.
Thank you very much and looking forward to your reply.

Dear Debbie
I must admit that I don't know if the B-degree offered by UNISA in Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition, will permit you to become a registered dietitian. Please phone ADSA Head Office at: (011) 061-5000 during office hours and ask if the UNISA degree is suitable or not. If not, ask the information officer at ADSA what universities and Technikons offer degrees that lead to the career as a registered dietitian.
Wishing you the best for your future career.