Ask an expert

23 Jan 2013

Becoming a nutritionist / dietitian
Hi there, I would like to study to become a nutritionist / dietitian but being a single mom I will not be able to attend full time University. I''m looking into studying Bachelors of Consumer science - Food &  Nutrition through Unisa. Will I be able to after finishing this degree maybe do extra courses in order to become a nutritionist?
Thank you very much and looking forward to your reply!!
Kind Regards
Answer 630 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Debbie
I would recommend that you phone the Association for Dietetics in SA (ADSA) Head Office at (011) 061-5000 during office hours and ask if this B. Consumer Science from UNISA plus additional post-graduate courses will meet the requirements for registration as a nutritionist.
Good luck with your future career and best wishes for your studies.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18776 votes