Question

Been on diet 2 weeks GAINED 2.5kg :-(
Please help me doctor, I am desperate! My BMI is 27.6, I feel terrible and look terrible in all my clothes.
I went on diet 2 weeks ago and have been really, really good. I eat fruits, provita's, salads, grilled meat and veggies and I drink lots of water! I weighed myself only to find out I have gained 2.5Kg's??? Please tell how this happened? I am feeling so depressed and demotivated. I have been reading up on the diet section of this sight and I really have been sticking to the diet!
What do I do next????

Dear Reader
I apologise for only answering your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital.
I must admit that I also find this strange. If you have really reduced your energy intake by about 500 cal or 2000 kJ a day, then you should have lost at least 1 kg, not gained anything. However, an amount of 2,5 kg could be indicative of water retention. Drinking excess quantities of water over and above your normal liquid intake is also not good as it washes essential minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium and even sodium out of the body. This in turn leads to an electrolyte imbalances that can manifest as water retention. Don't drink more than 3-4 cups of additional water a day. It may also help to check if your diet contains hidden fats and to cut these out. Another option is to start doing some regular exercise which helps for weight loss and counteracts water retention. Try these tips and stick to the diet for another 2 weeks. If you have still not lost any weight and/or gained more, then it may be an idea to have a medical checkup to see if you don't suffer from an underlying hormone imbalance (thyroid, female hormones (?), and insulin).
Hang in there