Question

Behaviourist
I consulted a behaviousrist once for my cat who is deaf and has a condition known as cerebellar hypoplasia (brain damage)

She was awful. she told me knock him off the table if he climbed on. now those of you who know me and bob know that one a good day he will only fall over a dozen times a day and fall off things 3 or 4 times a day and when he does he always lands on his head. I am NOT going to knock him of an item of furniture especially not one thats as high as my hip!

She also told em to shout NO at him when he does something he is not supposed to. Now really.. shouting NO at a deaf cat? is that really even worth a response??

So for me a behaviourist was just silly. But for first time pet owners it might be worth your while if you are really struggling with behaviour etc
cybervet

It sounds as if you had an unfortunate experience. Please ensure that you ask for the person's qualifications before you allow them to advise you. Obviously this person did not even hear you tell them that your cat is deaf!!