Question

Bells Palsy--5
Im worried.
In a space of two years, five co workers , have been diagnosed with Bells Palsy.All of them about 4 - 6 months apart.
I work on a construction site and my office is in a Industrial area.We work in the same area.

I am afraid that I might get it. Is it caused by an air borne virus??Can I get it from drinking water?
What are the possibilities.

Dear Concerned
Bell's palsy can be caused by a virus infection in the ear or the nerve going to the face. It is not contagious but it is very strange that so many people at one site was diagnosed with the condition. Are you working with any chemicals on site that may affect nerves ? Read more on http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/bells_palsy.html