Ask an expert

04 Apr 2007

Belly ring
Hi there
i had a belly piercing for nearly seven yrs and took it out about a year ago. I would like to know if there is any surgical procedure to get rid of the top hole permanently even if i need to go to a plastic surgeon. my mother had her piercings in her ears reduced, is it possible to do the with my belly ring? Pls help asap...

thanks r
Answer 409 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Ro
Yes a plastic surgeon may be able to reduce the scar for you - see
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17885 votes