Question

Best age to discuss sex with girl child
Dear Dr
Can you please advice at what age is most approporiate to advice or discuss matters that relates to sex with a girl child, my daughter is 10 years of age, but most of the time she watches tv, and I am worried if is necessary to discuss matters like that where by two people get sexually active or just to ignore her. Last week I bought groceries and box of condoms was part of that, while I busy upacking it and moving other staff to my room, she found the box of condoms in the toiletries in my bedroom and stripped it to check inside, when I asked her, she refused to know anything about touching it. I just think she knows very well about sex and that worries me. I actually thought she is still young to notice that box.

Like Just Me, I think the time to do so is whenever they ask any questions about it, tailoring your replies to their age and understanding. Scenes on TV can be an excellent opportunity to op[en discussion abou such issues ( chat about other things which turn up on TV< too, so as not to make this stand out peculiarly ) ; and ask what she already knows and understands about things like condoms --- very few kids know nothing, but many know much that is inaccurate, based on what they have heard from other kids and what they have tried to figure out for themselves. Its importamnt not to aim at one single Big Event : "The Talk !" but on opening a contin uing discussion in which zhe feels comfortable and confident to ask you about anything that puzzles or worries her