Question

Best product to clean urine
Thanks for the reply on 818. I will try putting the litter box in the area where my cat is urinating. Please advise what is the best product / solution to clean the floor with when my cat urinates on the tiles. Currently, I am using water to initially wash up the urine and then cleaning surface with Domestos. There is still a very strong smell of urine though as she is constantly urinating on the same spot. Is there something that I can also spray in the area to deter her from going back there to urinate?
cybervet

Hi Amy
I would suggest that you don't use any strong-smelling product like Domestos as your cat will just want to urinate over the "foreign wee" smell. Plain water or a weak solution of Sunlight liquid are best. Then spray over with Pet Odour Killer or Sannitree or Febreeze. Sprinkling bicarb over the area for a few days may also help, vacuuming it up each day and putting more down.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST