Question

beta blocka(pur blocka)
Hi sir, hope its ok to direct this at you. I recently returned to the squash court after many years. I stopped because of major panic attacks during games. Is it ok to take a betablocker when playing? Maybe a small amount just to help.
Thanks lots

Usually its considered fine beta blockers have been used to treat anxiety and panic, and they block the physical ( but not the psychological ) aspects of panic and anxiety. It'\d be best, though, to see a good local psychiatrist for a full assessment, confirmation of the diagnosis( to be sure, also that cardiac-wise you're entirely fit, and this should ALWAYS be done before anyone starts playing an energetic game like squash )) and the shrink can also discuss alternatives like CBT counselling and other meds.