Question

beta blockers and excercising
What exactly is a beta blocker. I have hypertension and a rapid pulse and am on Inderol and Renitec 5 as well as Ecotrin and Xanor and Librax. At gym I was pushing my heart rate to about 137 beats per minute on the bicycle and only got to 132 after 22 min.
The gym owner was shocked and wanted to know if I'm on a beta blocker. As far as I know, one of these medicines is a beta blocker. What exactly is it and what is its function. Also what makes it dangerous for me to excercise

Thanks in advance

I look forward to hearing from you

Hi Jenny

Please direct this question to Cyberdoc, since you need medical advice here. You are on many medications, and Cyberdoc will be able to advise you accordingly as well as tell you exactly what a Beta-blocker does.

Good luck.