Question

Between meals?
I have been on the Sureslim diet previously and lost 10kg-i've since gained about half of it back. One of the rules of the Sureslim diet was to eat not sooner than 5 hours between meals-the reason they gave for this was if you eat sooner ur insulin level are still high and the body will store fat-they said it takes 5hrs for insulin levels to return to normal-another rule was to eat a protein as the first few bites of your meal.What i want to know is does this really make any difference to wieght loss as i've read its better to have regular meals throughout the day (6 small ones) to regulate blood sugar. Please tell me which one is more beneficial to weight loss as i am very confused.

Dear Naz
I apologise for only answering your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital.
I am inclined to believe that these instructions you were given were actually intended to prevent your insulin levels from peaking rapidly and then reducing your blood sugar to such low levels that you would get hungry and start snacking. The Sureslim diet makes use of a high protein intake to prevent this sequence of events, hence the instruction to start a meal with protein. To keep insulin levels from peaking too high and too fast and keeping your blood sugar levels nice and constant, you can certainly use what is known as the 'nibblers' diet (6 small, evenly-spaced meals a day) or change over to eating foods with a low fat content and a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI.