Ask an expert

16 Aug 2010

bf''s situation
My bf was married and has a daughter with his ex,he pays regular maintenance but his ex witholds his child from him.She is also an unfit mother as she is a drug addict and is pregnant with a second child.You can clearly see that the child is being neglected.I am very concerned for this child.What can my bf do in this situation?
Answer 417 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

Your boyfriend will be able to bring an application in terms of section 23 of the Children's Act to place the child in his care on account of the fact that it is not in the child's best interest to live under those circumstances.

Bertus Preller
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18659 votes