Question

bf''s situation
My bf was married and has a daughter with his ex,he pays regular maintenance but his ex witholds his child from him.She is also an unfit mother as she is a drug addict and is pregnant with a second child.You can clearly see that the child is being neglected.I am very concerned for this child.What can my bf do in this situation?
Family law expert
family law expert

Your boyfriend will be able to bring an application in terms of section 23 of the Children's Act to place the child in his care on account of the fact that it is not in the child's best interest to live under those circumstances.

Bertus Preller
www.divorceattorney.co.za
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za