Ask an expert

15 Dec 2005

Binge Eating Disorder
I’m female and have been overweight since Junior high. But I’ve been spiraling out off control the last couple of years. I feel desperate, my BMI is over 30 and my middle measurement is over 88cm. I need serious professional help. Please advice me what to do.
Answer 296 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Desperate
I would urge you to get professional assistance from a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.). The dietitian will work out a diet that will assist you to start losing weight. As you start losing weight combine your diet with regular, daily exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
Hang in there
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18741 votes