Question

biochemistry results
My son is 23 and his calf mustles have wasted away, he also has a hard time trying to walk.His blood result are LD_P 1202 IU/L:CK 8119 IU/L: CRP <5 mg/l :CL 110 mmol. He had tests for muscular Dystrophy and they showed negative. He is to go for nerve biopsy on1 st Dec. His blood pressure was 180/120 and he has been put on medication. On either of us as parents we have never had any nuscle problems. He has haad serious motor bike accidents and we put the muscle deterioration down to that. Please could you advise me as to a possable illness. I have put him on various vitamens. Can his levels be brought down. Thank you for viewing my letter.

Maureen, it seems like he has a muscle disease of some sorts, but you will have to wait for the result of the biopsy before you will know what it is and whether it is reversible. Good luck.