Question

Bipolar: Psychosocial treatments
Hi :-)

My mother has bipolar. She was diagnosed some time ago.. at the moment her medication os under control, and her manic / depressive episodes are less regular, but she does need to complement this treatment with some sort of Psychosocial Therapy.
I would like to know where I can obtain the contacts of a good therapist in the Johannesburg area, or if you can refer me to any.

Bipolar Disorder is more "biological" and chemiocal than other apparently similar problems, and obviously does need medication. CBT style psychotherapy can also help a good deal, combined with the meds. Try calling the Anxiety / Depression Support Group ( on this page ) or their website, as they do list some of the shrinks who provide this specific therapy