Question

Birth Control Injection - Depo Provera
Hi Doc, I received this "article" on an e-mail today and I am on this injection. I would like to know if there is any truth to what happened to this woman and if it is as dangerous as this article says.

"Recently this past week, my cousin Nicole Dishuk (age 31...newly grad student with a doctoral degree about to start her new career as a Doctor...) was flown into a nearby hospital, (She lives in Penn. ) because she passed out.

They found a blot clot in her neck, and immediately took her by
helicopter to the ER to operate. by the time they removed the right half of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain, the clot had spread to her brain causing severe damage.

Since last Wednesday night, she was battling.. they induced her into a coma to stop the blood flow, They operated 3 times.. Finally, they said there was nothing left that they could do.. they
found multiple clots in the left side of her brain.. the swelling wouldn't stop, and she was on life support..

She died at 4:30 yesterday. She leaves behind a husband, and a 2 yr old Brandon and a 4yr old Justin.. The CAUSE of DEATH - they found was a birth control she was taking that allows you to only have your period 3 X's a year...

They said it interrupts life's menstrual
cycle, and although it is FDA approved... shouldn't be - So to the
women in my address book - I ask you to boycott this product & deal with you rag once a month - so you can live the rest of the months that
your life has in store for you.

* Please send this to every woman you know - you may save someone's
life...
Remember, you have a CYCLE for a reason! (EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A
REASON)

The Pill has a risk of blood clots and this would be increased if you skip periods. This does not apply to the injection. It contains a different hormone.