Question

23 Sep 2009

Bit confused
Hi doc.

I just wanted to know if you could help us out. My girlfriends breasts have been really sore for the past few days and are a bit swollen. Now i know thats a good sign for pregnancy but the funny thing is that she has been having her periods as she normally does.
She does horse riding so i dont know if that could cause the pain from the bouncing maybe.
Any advise would be appreciated as it is very painfull for her
thanks
fertility expert

Dear Jay

Breast tenderness is a non-specific sign of pregnancy and can occur in other conditions including hormonal imbalance as well inflammatory conditions of the breasts. A simple urine home pregnancy test is often all that is required in pregnancies suspected.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim