Question

biting nails
Please advise me on the following, since childhood i had this problem where i will bite my nails till they bleed i have tried on almost every occasion to stop but before you know it i have my nails in my mouth. I really need to know if there is anything that i can do to slow the process down and then eventually stop it completely.

Dear Silversharkie
It is a HABIT usually due to nervousness, stress, hunger, or boredom. It can also be a sign of mental or emotional disorder like obsessive compulsive disorder.
Management includes behavioural therapy with a psychologist, aversion treatment with bitter medication put on nails and medication including antidepressants and antipsychotics. Talk to your GP for referral or prescription.