Question

Black stuff under kitten's chin
My kitten (6 months) has been getting this black stuff under his chin. The vet gave me some stuff to put on (something like Curatex??) but it is not helping. He said it may be because the cat's chin is staying wet after drinking milk but my cat don't get milk. He is eating adult Hills pellets tho and I thought maybe the pellets are a bit hard for him and is causing this black stuff under his chin. It is not itchy cos he is not scratching it. When I put the cream on he just licks it off again. The black stuff is hard and when i pull it off some of his fur also comes off with it. What can I do?
cybervet

Are there any "blackhead" looking lesions? Cats can suffer from acne and will require cleansing with an antiseptic solution and topical antibiotic cream to resolve it. If it is crust-like material it can be siftened with warm water and washed off. As long as the skin is not inflamed that is all that should be required.