Question

blackstrap molasses
I was advised by a friend to take blackstrap molasses, i researched it on the internet, it has excellent health benefits, but there' s one thing i would like to find out, i read that it produces more melanin in the skin so does that mean that it will change the colour of my skin making it darker as melanin makes skin darker. i am of indian decent and i would not want to get anymore darker .

Dear Nesh
I must admit that I do not know at what level of intake blackstrap molasses will produce enough melanin to cause the skin to darken. I would estimate that taking 1 tablespoon of molasses a day should not cause problems.