Question

Bladder Infection
I have had about 5/6 bladder infections this year. I have consulted my GP - who has cultivated the bacteria and "nothing serious" has come out of it. I need to get to the bottom of why I am so prone to bladder infections - I'm really getting tired of dealing with this! Any suggestions as to what could be causing them? I'm 26, healthy, exercise a lot, weigh 55kg, drink plenty of water and eat healthy food! Is it time for me to see a urologist?

Dear Samantha
YES - 3 UTI's per year is too much - the problem is that the bacteria damage you kidneys in the end. Ask your GP to give you a copy of the lab results to take with to the specialist.
Prevention: Read this article: http://www.ehow.com/how_5443_prevent-urinary-tract.html
Also try to always wash before having sex and empty your bladder afterwards to flush out any bacteria that may have contaminated the urine tube.