Question

22 Oct

Bladder pain
the pain is a sharp or burning sensation that occurs once over month or two and only lasts a few hours. the pain typically doesn't begin to hurt too bad until I pee but then it feels about a 10/10 in pain for about an hour after and slowly subsides until i pee again or until the pain goes away entirely. I only feel the pain in my bladder area (not un my urethra or prostate or anything). no rebound tenderness. no change in pain when i push on it. nor ice or heat help. I'm not sexually active and i know it isn't a UTI. i thought it might be interstitial cystitis but the pain only occurs for a few hours. i don't know what it is but seeing as it only lasts a few hours i never feel like i need to bring it to my doctor.

27 Oct

Hi there
I think that it would be better to go to your doctor with this type of pain, it doesn't matter if you only feel the pain for a few hours, it is still there. There are various tests that your doctor can do, but the best would be to start with a urine dipstix to determine if there is any blood in the urine or not (microscopic blood), and then take it from there.  Good luck.