Question

bleed
im currently on depo (contraceptive) after leaving the ner-istrate.on the 02 dec i started my periods which are very light cause i wear just a panty liner.thats how light they are.im getting worried cause i have been bleeding now for 12 days and its not stopping.im wondering if its normal or if i should be alarmed.though the bleeding is very light,but its been too long!

Dear elel,
The depo could cause abnormal bleeds in the first 3 months, and then you could stop menstruating alltogether after that for as long as you are using it. Some women do bleed more often and longer on the Depo and then an alternative must be considered. I'll suggest that you just hang in there until you had your second injection in 3 months time. It will probably stop soon.