Question

Bleeding between periods
Hi there

I have been on the pill for approximately 12 years.
The past 3 years I have been bleeding between periods so that I basically feel like a have my period every 2 weeks.
I have been to a gynae and she has changed me from one pill to the next.
Just the other day she suggested using the EVRA patch as this is a stronger hormone regulator which she suspects could be causing the problem.
So I am now in my second week using it. It has not been bothering me at all but I have to use it for 3 months to see whether it will clear up the problem. Thereafter she said that if the problem persists after 3 months I must go to theatre to see if perhaps if it is an internal polyp which is causing the bleeding.
What do you think?

My husband and I would really like to start a family soon but I am so worried that I will not be able to fall pregnant.
What do you think I should do?

I agree with your doctor. If you are starting a family soon, you can stop the pills and you may find that your periods are quite normal.