Question

Bleeding during first Trimester
Dear Doc

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and suffer from occasional spotting. Usually bright red blood - it lasts for about a day and then goes away for about 3/4 days and starts all over again. My gynae says the bleeding is coming from a 'clot' in the uteris and not from the pregnancy. Is this normal? He prescribed Duphaston but since reading articles on the internet, I am not so sure if it is safe to use...

I had a miscarriage in June 2007 and I 'm very worried about the baby although everything looks fine at this stage. Could you please give me some advice on what to do about the bleeding and what medication is safe to use for it.

There isn't really much you can do. This is called a threatened miscarriage. More than 80% will carry on normally. The Dupaston is only helpful if you have a low progesterone.