Question

Blisters
Hi. My husband has small blisters that form on the base of his feet as well as between his toes. He treats them with G.violet in a foot spa, pops them (which I advice not to!), dabs mecurochrome, and they eventually go away. Only to come up again in new places a few weeks later. Please could you advice what could be causing them?
Podiatrist
podiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail Cathrine, from the symptoms that you have described it sounds as if your husband could be suffering from Vesicular Tinea Pedis/ Atlete's foot. He needs to consult with a podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis, who would advise him on the correct treatment. If it is a fungal infection, treatment should include topical treatment of the skin, decontamination of all his shoes and daily cleaning of the shower/ bathroom that he uses. He should wear slops all the time and not walk barefeet as fungal infections are highly contagious. For your nearest podiatrist www.podiatrist.co.za 0861 100 249