Ask an expert

13 Feb 2003

I am 52 years old and on HRT. I frequently get a very swollen stomach (i assume it is my stomach) but could be bowel, colon or intestine. It is mainly a stress condition but very traumatic as I then feel full and look pregnant.

How do I learn to control my emotions that I don't take things personally and am able to maintain a flat tummy.
Answer 375 views

01 Jan 0001

Jitter, the best person to help you with controlling your emotions, would be a clinical psychologist. He will teach you techniques that will help you control your emotions and hopefully your stomach problem will clear up.
The problem is that a swollen stomach isn’t a very common symptom of being upset and of course it might be due to something else. It’s because of this that I think you should first see your doctor just make sure that nothing else is the matter. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17861 votes