Question

Bloated stomach
Dear Doc

I am suffering from a very uncomfortable, bloated stomach. I am skinny and in the normal course of things have a very flat stomach. At present my stomach is bloated and sensitive. It has been like this for a little bit more than a week. I have hardly eaten anything this past week - my stomach feels full constantly and I have no appetite. I went to my doctor on Friday 17/1. She prescribed a 5 day course of Colofac. I will finish the medication tomorrow and I have not experienced any relief of the symptoms. I have also been taking 1 Senekot tablet every night before I go to bed in a further attempt to get rid of the bloated feeling.

What do I do now?

ES, the first thing to do would be to try and determine the cause of the bloatedness. It might be due to severe constipation, stomach problems, hernia, infection/inflammation of the bowels, etc. The best would be to see a gastro-enterologist and have it sorted out it it hasn’t started getting better by the time you receive this reply. Good luck.