Question

bloated tummy after pregnancy
i have two children, youngest is 18 months and my tummy is still very bloated after the birth, so what can i do to reduce the tummy size? any foods i should eat in particular? any special exercises? any diet pills that will help?

Dear Nicky
I can't work out from what you say if your tummy muscles are slack after the birth, or if you have a fat deposit on the tummy or if your stomach is bloated because of a build up of gas. If your tummy muscles are slack are pregnancy then the best solution is to do targeted exercises to tighten the muscles (e.g. situps) or if this does not work to have a tummy tuck. If you are bloating then you need to have a medical examination to find out what is causing the problem. Once we have a diagnosis we can look at changes to your diet.