Ask an expert

06 Feb 2009

Blocked ear
Hi Doc

Yesterday afternoon whilst sitting in front of my computer at work my right ear suddenly became blocked. It was not exposed to water or anything. I left it and hoped that it would have passed by today but it remians the same. I went to a pharmacist that gave me sinugesic tabs for congestion but I' m not sure this is the right way. Is there anything else you could recommend?
Answer 379 views

01 Jan 0001

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult your GP for an ear examination, as it is possible that there is wax blocking the ear canal.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.