Ask an expert

12 Aug 2010

Blocked tubes
I had an operation (twice) to remove a cyst, now my gynea tells me that I have one blocked tube and one damaged tube. I am 28, recently got married with no children and I want so desperately to have children. Can I have a child/ren with those problems and what medicine can I take to deal with this situation. Please advise
Answer 399 views

01 Jan 0001

Your chances of pregnancy sound low, though not impossible if one tube is not completely blocked. You could go ahead and try but, if it takes a long time, you may need tubal surgery or IVF.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18780 votes