Question

blocked years from sinus?
I seem to get bouts of sinus congestion which blocks my left nostril, left ear channel, induces pain in the same eye and a tooth that has been root-canalled and crowned in the same side of the face. This happens on occasions. Have had an X-ray of the tooth to see if it's the cause, but all seems clear there, no remnant of root is visible, no swelling.
Can the sinus congestion do all that? I've on several occasions been given a course of antibiotics to clear it. Yes it does go, but after some months I'm back to square one.
What can be the cause? Is there any way to clear it permanently? Am suffering at present with same problem. Should i have a course of antibiotics again? Last occurance was in middle of december.

Lucyswan, it is definitely possible that it’s due to the sinusitis. Sinusitis is often the cause of unnecessary dental procedures.
If it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this reply (sorry I took so long – I’ve been sick for the last week. My specialist physician wanted to put me in hospital, but guess who’s afraid of hospitals? :-)), you will probably have to take a course of antibiotics. The trick is to find out whether it is just an infection or if there is an underlying allergy. If there really is no underlying infection, you will have to go for a limited scan of the sinuses to find out if there is no anatomical defect like a polyp, a skew nasal septum, etc. If it sounds like there is an underlying allergy, you will have to start taking preventative medicines – a nasal spray with or without an antihistamine. Good luck.